Saturday, December 11, 2010

Eat (with me), Pray (for me), Love (me)

I want to go with eat me but that would be too explicit, no ? HAHA.


Okay, so I can't believe I would finally write this, but watching Eat Pray Love really makes me feel good about myself and it makes me feel like to open up myself.

Well, you see in my previous posts, I keep talking about changing myself, being a better person, being Zen, and all stuffs like that, and I never thought about the risk. Little that I know, by deciding to be better, to be Zen, I've ripped off the layer that covered me. Like, Dr Brennan in Bones, she look stiff with her rational thinking, all strong and independent but after all, we all know she's too fragile inside. Same goes with me. I'm too vulnerable, too broken, and too fragile inside.

So, I forgot to calculate the risks of exposing my vulnerable side, and BAM ! I've been scattered into pieces that by the time I finally notice how broken I was, it's been too late.

Up until just now, I thought it was a bad thing. Like, really bad thing. I thought of building a higher wall, means being reserved, being extra careful with people. But then, I have come to realized that by exposing my inner self, with my vulnerable side, I have been touched by reality.

I finally find a way to help myself out from being in denial. Well, just to let you know, I live in denial, all the time. I always find ways to comfort myself rather than telling myself right away what is wrong with me, and what my real problem was because the truth it's a bit too hard to handle. And people, living in denial is bad, REALLY BAD.

So, how watching Eat Pray Love helps me to feel good about myself ? By this, the Physics of the Quest :


"In the end, I've come to believe in something I call "The Physics of the Quest." A force in nature governed by laws as real as the laws of gravity. The rule of Quest Physics goes something like this: If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you.
- Liz Gilbert, Eat Pray Love.

So yeah, this really explains. I shall write this on a piece of paper because this, is really a good piece. So, finally I have something to add to my resolutions :

Try to leave my comfort zone.

 And people, if you haven't watch this movie, go watch this. This movie is full of awesome beautiful people (This movie has James Franco ! It's James Franco, dude !) and Javier Bardem as Felipe is just fantastic, he's so fabulous and so charming that I literally have fallen in love with his character, even you know, his character is a bit too sensitive and hopeless romantic ? Not my type but Felipe is exceptional. And Ketut Liyer ? He's sooooo cute I wanna met him personally and just listen to him saying "Liss, Liss, You, you, you" with an old bimbo style. Ahah !

Just watch this movie and feel the same journey Liz Gilbert went through. The movie is long but you could always pause and rewind and replay all you want, right ?

Have a fun weekend, loves !

.

No comments: