Sunday, June 19, 2016

Gegurls Krabi Trip 2015 (part 1)

Okay, I know this is waaayyyy too late to tell about my first ever backpacking trip but what the hell, right?


(By the way, I know some of you are rolling your eyes like...durh typical gila first backpacking trip pergi Krabi - hey, keep your negativity to yourself okay?)

So, how it started?

Actually, I have never traveled to a strange land before. The farthest I've been to is Singapore, tu pun pergi dengan family and for few days je. And I have never had the itch to travel like some people because I HAVE NO MONEY! LOL

Until one day, I'm so gatal tangan and I opened flight apps and comparing between Malindo and Air Asia prices to Krabi.

Why Krabi?

Well, because it's the closest and the most convenient place to travel ever. Plus people kept saying Krabi is so beautiful so I wanna see it for myself.

So I checked the price, RM129 for return tix! OMGGGGG!

But, problem - I don't have friends to go with me to this trip! So I started asking around. I was in a one year training program that my company sent me, so I basically opt for travel with friends from the same training sebab senang nak mintak cuti but unfortunately, I didn't manage to sell the idea of travelling to Krabi to them in time.

Oh, by the way, original plan was to celebrate new year 2015 in Krabi because we are all hedonist liddat.

Because by the time they agreed, the price has hiked so much that it made no sense to spend so much money for a few days in a strange land.

So I CRIED. Kidding.

By the way, just to inform you, we still managed to plan our New Year trip but that's another story to tell. Hihi.

During CNY, I noticed that I have one week of holidays that would not be utilized if I don't go anywhere! Don't get me wrong, working somewhere 2000 miles away from family is hard, but I prefer to do something instead of melepak kat rumah macam whale yang terdampar kat pantai.

Then I got an idea, KRABI! Haha tak habis habis dengan Krabi kan.

So I popped the question to my high school girlfriends since they have been complaining since forever that we haven't got the chance to meet and travel together padahal asyik plan macam macam dari dulu lagi.

So, one month before we went to Krabi, we made plans. We checked flight tix, the price has hiked and we dont have money to spend.

2nd choice, let's travel by train!

SOLD OUT. 

Last choice, we opt to go by bus. After we managed to get an unanimous agreement, tix bought and yeah we are ready to travel!

The price for return tix from KL to Hatyai by bus is only RM84. YEAY!

No comments: