Friday, October 21, 2011

Working Days.

.
Dah nak masuk tiga minggu dah I duduk kat rumah tak buat apa-apa. Okay no, I did buat apa-apa kat rumah. Yes, if mengemas and masak nasi tu dikira as buat apa-apa lah. But it's counted right?

So, I still tak pandai masak because of many reasons. One of them is I takut membazir. Well, I know my cookings will usually end up being a disaster so untuk elakkan pembaziran and kegemukan (since no one would want to eat my cooking and it happens to be that I am the only one who loves my cooking so I'll end up fat sebab cuba sedaya upaya untuk habiskan the food jugak jugak).

Kadang-kadang rasa menyesal pulak tak kerja. Blergh.

Okay I tak cerita lagi kan about my two days working experience. Hihi. Anyway I dapat kerja di one of kedai baju di Kuala Selangor ni. The salary sounds awesome. Ye lah basic dia RM 600 and tambah elaun boleh dapat around RM800. Not bad kan? So I took the offer and start working the day after the interview.

Actually, tak ada interview pun. They just called and suruh datang kerja the next day. So I went.

I pergi dengan tak tahu apa-apa. They don't brief me about anything especially about my rights as a worker. So I think better I just go with the flow lah. So basically hasil dari temuduga dengan the staffs, they told me I can only apply for 4 days holidays maximum. And on weekends I'll get RM50 per day and two 45 mins breaks each day for lunch break and evening break starting around 6.00 pm. And I was like, okay, this sounds good.

Until I found out the break means I could only go out of the store within the break time only. Yes, ONLY. So I was like, the eff man? Bila nak pergi sembahyang and all? So I was a bit worried. Tapi takpe I figure out we can always jamak if desperate time like this. Then the next thing that made me feel I wanted to resign immediately is that I can't sit during working hours. All of the workers need to stand and attended the customers and if there's no customers you just have to stand, you can't sit down. Not to mention you'll have to surrender (wow this sound dramatic) your phone to the counter every time you check in to work. Sebab nak avoid workers main mesej or call or buang masa.

But, tau tak betapa sakitnya kaki kena berdiri je setiap masa. Okay, kalau for two hours maybe la boleh tahan sebab dulu buat lab Manufacturing Technology pun kena berdiri lama gak tapi tak rasa sakit at all yang ini you kena berdiri for about 12 hours straight minus the break. Oh God, I don't know about u guys but I definitely can't stand it.

So I asked one of the kakak yang kerja kat situ. I asked them how la they can manage berdiri kat situ lama-lama. Aku yang baru kerja sehari tu pun dah nak naik kematu kaki. So they say, mula-mula memang lah. Tapi jangan risau, lama-lama mesti okay punya. Then one of the worker kat situ told me that waktu first two weeks dia kerja kaki dia habis naik gelembung gelembung macam bisul but she told me "Jangan risau, dalam tiga minggu hilang la sakit kaki tu. Lama-lama biasa la" and then I asked her dah berapa lama kerja situ and she told me "Dua minggu". Oh yes, she's definitely held her hope high in the air.

So, waktu first day I was like "Sabar Mira, you're definitely going to love this job. You love the staffs kan? They are all nice kan?" Yes, the staffs are super nice. Minus the manager lah. Urgh I don't like the manager walaupun he was kinda good looking. Sebab kitorang semua berdiri separuh mati and dia pulak boleh duduk atas tangga, duduk kat tepi jalan, atas motor, kerusi. Sakit hati tau. Kalau nak duduk, duduk lah kat dalam ofis jangan duduk depan aku yang berdiri sampai nak pecah tempurung lutut ni boleh tak?

Then malam tu my dad asked "Dah mintak cuti tak hari Sabtu ni? Mak kenduri, kita kena pergi tau. Kecik hati mak nanti" (Oh, Mak tu is my pengasuh. Jangan salah sangka uols)Then the whole day of the second day I was thinking about mintak cuti. Ye lah, bila fikir balik, my family jenis yang suka jalan-jalan. Selalunya weekends memang kitorang tak lekat kat rumah. Then on this November pulak I have another plan that requires me to off for a week, then there's cuti Raya Haji, and there's cuti Deepavali which is family time since kitorang nak keluar jalan-jalan. And takkan I nak mintak cuti sebanyak tu pulak kan? Tak make sense langsung. Bila nak kerja kalau asyik nak cuti je?

Then tengah berangan tu tiba-tiba ada this one lady lalu she really looked like my mom. Tiba-tiba teringat my mom memang tak suka I kerja sebab she said, this might me the last four months I've got to be home entah entah lepas ni susah dah nak balik. Knowing my nature yang tend to be workaholic and she said she could see me being the one person yang cuma-suka-kerja-and-nothing-else-matters.

And lepas tu I had this talk with one of the worker. She's really nice. Too nice actually. Baru kenal sekejap dah cerita semua. Well, she quit school when she was fifteen sebab nak kahwin and she has two kids.She just twenty two years old. One year older than me and she told me dengan kelulusan yang dia ada, it's really hard for her to get a decent job so she resort to this. Kerja kedai baju and cukup lah dia nak bayar sewa rumah, duit sekolah anak, duit pengasuh, duit makan pakai sendiri lagi. And there was me, thinking of working semata-mata nak shopping time YES. Melampau.

So I made this executive decision of nak berhenti kerja. I halalkan je lah gaji dua hari tu. I still got a few phone calls that I am sure coming from one of the boutique that I've went asking for work tu but I decided no, I don't want to work anymore. I just wanna be home spending my four months holiday with my family. I'll work waktu intern and lepas graduate nanti lah. Time tu kalau kerja separuh mati pun tak apa sebab (insyAllah) the paid is worth dying for. Hehe.

So for my UTP mate, happy holidays and happy working! ;D

On the other unrelated note, I think I really should belajar masak regardless of betapa hancurnya it's going to be. Belum cuba belum tau kan? Oh I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

.

2 comments:

ezza shabarudin said...

hahahaha . penat eh kerja ni . good decision my dear :D

Mireya said...

memang penat pun! thanks ezza :) btw i love reading ur recipes!!